Development of mobile applications
This section contains the foundational concepts for developing an Android OS mobile app. This teaching material was developed for the Summer School "Bioengineering for sustainable development" of the Italian National Bioengineering group.
Introduction to basic concepts (TextViews, EditTexts, Buttons, Control IF)
- Introduction to Android Studio: https://developer.android.com/studio/intro
- Installation instructions: https://developer.android.com/studio/install
- Instructions on how to run the App either on your Android phone or on the Emulator (and how to set up one): https://developer.android.com/studio/run
- A video that guides you through the download, installation of Android Studio and setup of AVD (please note that the guy selects Kotlin as language, we will be using Java: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCr8mNnLkBA&ab_channel=AppDevNotes)
- There’s plenty of video tutorials of different aspects of programming apps on YouTube, feel free to browse them.