- The external top (Figure 1) is a one piece.
Figure 1 - External TOP
- The inflation system (Figure 2) is composed by:
- 4 T-valves connected in series with the air pump and manometer at the respectively ends.
- Rubber hoses connect valves to the balloons.
- A properly designed fabric presents 4 boxes respectively overlapping on the 4 quadrants of the breast
- The balloons are insert in a properly designed fabric in order to create air compartments.
Figure 2 - Inflation system
- The Sensing matrix: A continuous layer of piezoresistive textile is placed between two fabric layers having custom designed highly conductive patterns. The top and bottom conductive patterns are perpendicular. Each intersection between a row (top layer) and a column (bottom layer) represents a sensing elements (taxel) (Figure 3).
Figure 3 - sensing matrix