The device is intended for users with little or no experience in dermatology, this leads to the need of the device that allow a simple approach melanoma skin cancer diagnosis. The requirements can be divided as follows:
- The software must provide a melanoma diagnosis, indicating the risk to the patient.
- It should allow moles follow up.
- It should be available for all the intended users.
- It should have an easy to use interface.
- The software should be intuitive and easy to learn.
- Intended users may not be familiarized with technology/app's, so it should contain trainning advice on the software usage.
- It must provide low diagnosis error rate due to image capture variability. The diagnosis must be carried with an acceptable confidence interval.
- The software may provide false-negatives due to poor quality of the photo taken (lighting, shadows, hair, etc. can affect the results), so it should contain information on the reliability of results, to raise awareness of the possibility of false negatives.